the Highest trumpet note ever hit

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Darten, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    It all comes back to the concept of UP. My take on this is - those astronaut blokes were OUT, not UP - you go IN towards the centre of the Earth, you go out away from the surface of the Earth, so these blokes were OUT not UP. In fact, UP is a very loose concept alltogether. So there's had to be the OUTEST most note ever hit.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    My personal top note was a high F in La Paz. We made a big mistake playing a concert the same day after flying in with a helicopter. A day or two to get used to the very thin air would have been much more sensible. I played almost the whole concert with tunnel vision.........

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Some of our members accuse you of still having tunnel vision!

5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    No worries, he will eventually see the light ROFL

6. duanemassey

duanemassey Piano User

Jul 14, 2009
    Houston
    I constantly play notes so high no one can hear them.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My highest note was in the Rockies of Colorado. Passed out and took out the entire row of bleachers behind me my first week there. That's the fate of takin a low land Cincinnati boy, and suddenly putting him into a Colorado Rockies Big Band! But I acclimated, and I later played a Big Band gig at "The Stanley" in Estes Park and under the influence of three gin and tonics at that.

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    My highest note was around 3000 feet, and would routinely tack a high c# (the one above the staff notated with five ledger lines under it) after the c#" octave slur in Tower of Power's What is Hip in that space just before the vamp. No problem. What made me pass out was taking part of TOP's In the Slot up an octave after drinking some punch the fraternity we were playing for had available. Fell straight over backwards, but my horn didn't get hurt.

9. robmartin

robmartin New Friend

Oct 2, 2007
    Gold Coast Q Australia
    Very tech, Ted, very tech. Good onya, mate.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My horn(s) were not so lucky. I dented the one I was holding and fell on the other - pancake city. Fortunately I found the acquaintance of a gifted oriental artesian that made things all right again, horn wise and spiritually. Uommmmm.