The Importance of Good Breathing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Johnctrumpet, Mar 2, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    AND sarcasm, sometimes it's about sarcasm, but in a way that attempts to educate.

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    "s

sarcasm???? you got to be kidding me GM -- you know if it wasn't for all the people asking me questions on TM -- I wouldn't have so many opportunities to give quality answers ----- and I agree with JohnC, your English is rather poor ------although, I don't seem to find any spelling errors in this post!!!! did you get "spelll chek" on your new computer???? ROFL ROFL ROFL

ps. take a deep BREATH GM, count to 10 -- before you answer this post --- perhaps that will allow you to calm down!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    KT, my English is excellent, it is my spelling that sucks. Thank you for noting my spelling improvement. And my comment was ACTUALLY supporting your statement as I started my comment after yours with AND... right? The sarcastic bit was actually referring to ME. I actually thought I could give a thoughtful extension of a Kingtrumpet commen with a little humor from your one time comedy partner. Then you shoot me down... in my prime... your comedy partner... shot down by my idol... KT. KT has abandoned me. I am in such emotional pain.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    sorry, I thought we were doing Laurel and Hardy this time-- and I was Stan Laurel !!! ---ROFL ROFL ROFL so you see GM ----you were playing in to the straight guy -- and it was still a very beautiful and funny exchange ---------ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I consider sarcasm the kindest way of transmitting truth.

That said, I consider breathing as an optional kind of thing (OK, not while sleeping or making love or pursuing TM). The breath we (sorry, I) take before ‘Round Midnight is different than before Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen. How I breathe during the Christmas Oratorio is unknown, because it is a search and destroy kind of piece.

I like having doctors as part of our community—I just wish some of them would offer some free prescriptions. Not just for me....

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vulgano Brother, the prescriptions are free... the drugs... you'll have to pay for those.

Oh sure, I understand... It's for your other vocies (personality) you are hearing... May I suggest Risperdal?

7. georgefloto

georgefloto New Friend

Dec 11, 2011
    gmonady, A little over the top and unkind on your commentary of John C Trumpets post. At least IMHO.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I truly am relating to the feeling rowuk has when he sees miss representation of truths, that he affectionately calls "crap". I am taking the lead of this Moderator, because I honestly do not know how to convey such false information any better than rowuk's lead. I respectfully disagree that my commentary is "over the top" because his false information can hold individuals back. Breathing is an important function of a horn player that can only be assessed in the presence of a teacher, not over a blog site, and certainly when such information is contrary to the laws of physics and the basic knowledge of physiology. If I hadn't presented my commentary in the manner I presented it, than several individuals would move on blindly to that site.

If my commentary just resulted in one individual deciding not to go to this blog, then going over the top from your perspective was worth the risk a offending a few individuals, as I am sure you are not alone in your perspective. I do truly appreciate your feedback and hope you have to compassion to understand and accept my perspective as well.

9. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    I'm just thankful that breathing involves involuntary muscles so that it is one less thing that I have to remember to do. " North Carolina man dead at age 53. ME finds cause of death. He just forgot to breathe. " Seriously, I can honestly say that in my 43 years of trumpet playing, I have never had a conversation about how to breathe. Breathing comes naturally. I have noticed over the past say 25 or 30 years that most of the band members put their cigarettes out and set their beers down before we play. We are making progress.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I am curious now -- how do the other wind instrument players breath??? --- and now, I was wondering about Viola players. does everyone breath differently when they play an instrument??? how do they breath differently than trumpet players???? ---just some random thoughts in between breaths!!!!!