The Jazz Museum in Harlem

Discussion in 'Wise Talk!' started by wiseone2, Dec 2, 2005.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I attended a talk last night at the JMIH that spotlighted Clark Terry. Clark is a treasure. His recall of days gone by is remarkable. He talked about Basie and how he thought Basie's style of playing evolved from Basie's early days in Kansas City.
    CT talked of Duke, and his influence on music and his life.
    He talked about working with Monk.
    I wish I could give you a blow by blow description, it was a remarkable event.
    http://www.jazzmuseuminharlem.org/
    Wilmer

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    What a night it must have been for you Wilmer. Thank you so much for sharing. I am happy you were able to attend. I enjoyed the site and decided to make a donation. It is definitely a worthy cause.

"What a wonderful woild......"

Happy Holidays Wise one :D

3. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    I also attended Harlem Speaks Series run by the JMIH. I had the pleasure of meeting Wilmer, fellow musicians and Jazz enthusiasts, who were all there in honor of Clark Terry. From the first time I met CT, I knew he is a very special person. You can feel his genuine love for music and the satisfaction he gets in bringing it to others in any way he can. CT is a part of Jazz history and to hear him speak candidly about his experiences was quite a treat. Always positive no matter what the circumstances, and doing his best to help out anyone he can along the way. It’s not just his incredible talent, but a truly warm, glowing and unselfish personality that makes him a truly remarkable person. If you ever have the opportunity to hear him perform or speak it is not to be missed. “Luv Ya, CT !†:-)
    Many Thanks, to THe Jazz Museum of Harlem for the Harlem Speaks Series and other events to promote the education of Jazz and it's history.