The King's Brass

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BigDub, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    They are a religious group for the most part, hence the "King's" brass.

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Ah, good question indeed. Yes it would appear on the surface they are a little politically mixed up;-) - but knowing they are playing for the "King of Kings" will explain the origin of their name-

BigDub

3. gregplo

gregplo Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2004
    North Carolina, USA
    I've also seen them several times, and will see them again this coming Sunday in Charlotte. I've also had an opportunity to play with them on at least three occasions. We have also played a few of their arrangements over the years. Tim Zimmerman is a great guy, and he is providing a terrific opportunity for the folks he has join him each year on tour (generally students).

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I thought that "In The Mud" and other jazz tunes were the devils work........ At least I remember reading that somewhere........

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I guess Tim Zimmerman didn't see that publication:roll:

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    of course I could tell you that this isn't club robinson or something like that -- but you can read -- so it should be easy for you to figure out who the King of King's and Lord of Lord's is

Goals of the King's Brass

GOSPEL Present the good news of life through Jesus Christ at every concert.

WORSHIP Lead people in worship. By the end of each concert, people should have their hearts focused on Jesus Christ.

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

1 Corinthians 5:7
    Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed