The Laureano Trumpet Method

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gzent, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Do it Manny!

2. loweredsixth

loweredsixth Pianissimo User

Mar 11, 2005
    Fresno, California, USA
    I'd buy it for sure!

3. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    That would defenitely be one of those books I'd wait outside the book store the night before to buy :D

4. iguananaught

iguananaught Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2005
    My favorite quote from Ben Stiller's Starsky and Hutch-

"do it......do it.......DO IT.......DO IT!!"

come on. You know you really want to. Everybody's doin' it. Give in. It'll make you one of the cool kids......We'll all buy it.............Heck, some of us may buy two!

patrick

5. rjzeller

rjzeller Forte User

Mar 7, 2005
    Rochester, MN
    I'll give Greg a moment to pull his nose out of ML's butt and catch his breath so I can brownose a bit...

DO IT!!!!! I honestly can think of nobody better suited at this point to pen a new literary work for the trumpet. I can see the titles on the files at Groth right now: From the Mouth of Manny...or....the Manny-"tooh".....I'd love it. Everything you say is often so clear and sensible I find myself thinking "I can't believe I've never noticed that before."

Of course, if ML writes a book...how will I ever be able to steal all his ideas for a book of my own?????

Nah...it's always best from the mind of the original genius. MANNY MANNY MANNY MANNY MANNY MANNY...DO IT!!!!

Okay, time to breathe. Your turn, Greg....

6. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    I'd buy it too Manny!

So... which is coming out first, the book or the cd? ;-)

7. riffdawg2000

riffdawg2000 Pianissimo User

Jan 9, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I 'second' the motion!

Give it a shot ML...what do you have to lose?

8. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Okay, enough already!

You guys win.

You're probably right... it's time I put some ideas onto paper and leave a little something taught to me by the great players I've been privileged to know.

I'll get to work on a little something this summer... who knows when I'll be done, though? But I promise I'll begin this summer.

Happy? Sheesh, what have I gotten myself into... ? And fear not... the CD project is still intact.

ML

9. felix c

felix c Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Puerto Rico
    Manny :
    Do It. we will be waiting for you in Cd and Book project. Please remember internmediate or semi pro Players.
    Thanks & Blessings

10. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Here is a question that I ask out of ignorance. Since I only speak English and this is an English speaking site I am aiming this question at people like Felix (and maybe Manny).

Are there a lot of good trumpet books available with the text in Spanish as there are in English? I know Arban is translated into Spanish. I also know that lots of the books we use have little or no text, so this is not a major concern. However...

I find I am getting called to do more performances, clinics, and masterclasses in non-English speaking countries. I am preparing to have a number of my favorite clinic handouts translated into Spanish for an upcoming event and I began to wonder if I should do it to my more text intensive books and articles.

Comments?

Pat