The Laureano Trumpet Method

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gzent, Mar 29, 2005.

1. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    :wave:
    :thumbsup:
    :wave:

Oustanding!

2. felix c

felix c Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Puerto Rico
    Well Manny its the best person to ask this question. I only have seen very few books in spanish. I have copy of a Book of D. Gatti in Spanish, are photos of the pages. I have read that this book its from Argentina. The quality its not hte best but I can send copy of the photos to any one want it. The file its only 3 mb of space. Just email me at [email protected]
    Thanks

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Manny,

I think the fairly new Michael Sachs book is very well done. I like the exercises and the text he ads is great. I think it is a good combination of text and exercises.

Just thought I would throw that out there as an example of a new book that combines text with exercises. I'm only suggesting this to you as an example of a well laid out book. FWIW

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Outstanding!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. Kevin Hilman

Kevin Hilman Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Manny,
    I agree that a book by you would be an outstanding addition to any trumpeter's library. I would also be among the first to buy one. My two cents on what I would like to see....
    -Lots of written language. As has been stated, you have a gift with words and your stories, descriptions and analogies would go a long way to helping us mortal trumpet players solve problems in our playing. Too many of the currently available books offer little or no written explanation as to how an exercise or excerpt is to be played.
    -Storys or lessons from some of the great teachers you have had. Many of us will never get a chance to study at Juliard or such a prestigious school and it would be nice to have access to their wisdom
    -Lots of relevant orchestral music examples and or supporting exercises.
    Anyway, I look forward to buying your book however it turns out!
    Kevin

6. rjzeller

rjzeller Forte User

Mar 7, 2005
    Rochester, MN
    Regarding the book itself I would offer no suggestions or make any requests. I think I trust ML's instincts to craft an exemplary work.

My only request would be to include a demo CD of any excercises so we can hear your interpretation of them. It's amazing how differently one person would play the same scale/slur/apreggio from another person.

7. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    Visa or Amex?

Hmm, is Wilmer getting any ideas also? :roll:

8. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    whatever it takes...

A method book? That would be great Manny... please do it. And I like the idea of a CD... it would be great to hear a sound to aim for.

Okay, here's the plan... ;-) we are all going to chip in for either a cabin in the mountains or a bungalow on a beach somewhere.... lets say 2 months... that way you can get the book done early... :-)

Where do you want to go Manny? :wave:

9. Rimshot

Rimshot Pianissimo User

Feb 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Will the new book come with 50% off coupon for a Monette?

10. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    If it does, count me in for 4! :cool:

-Glenn
    (I am nearly as shy and reclusive as Sidd!) :wink: