The Laureano Trumpet Method

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gzent, Mar 29, 2005.

1. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    You know it would be awesome to have a trumpet website for Mr. Laureano with some details on his playing, equipment, some pics, the Laureano story, and some methods on his own website or something, kind of like Doug Yeo has for the trombone players, just a thought.

2. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Techniques, etude studies and of course, the requisite CD would make any book Manny puts together a national best seller. I agree with several of the other posters, anecdotal stories of lessons with the masters, personal flameouts (there's got to have been at least one!) would make this a fantastic book to use. On the other hand, a good technical studies book, one for each level of play, might find it's way into the hands of more than just TM, TH & ITG members. Now Manny, how's that for taking your generousity and just keep asking for more!

I'm in, let's us know when and how to get it!!!!!

3. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    count me in!

4. DonB.

DonB. New Friend

Feb 26, 2005
    Yes, Manny, I think you would write a great method book. I've only once heard you lecture but I found your explanations and interpretations very lucid and easy to understand. And that's really important, especially to the young players' learning process.

There are so many method books out there but most not all that easy to use. Mendez's "Prelude to Brass Playing" is a good example of conveying knowledge and experience in a simple format and easy-to-understand language.

I hope you decide to do it. I would gladly buy a copy.....even at my stage in life.

5. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    i would buy 50!!! seriously, i think it would be a great book....perhaps you should.
    altho idk, perhaps we could publish one ourselves if we compiled the info you give here.....

6. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    So, how's Chapter 1 coming along?

7. Ai_Dygress

Ai_Dygress Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2005
    IL
    Rule 1: The smaller end is the mouthpiece.

8. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Not when you play a Monette!
    :lol:
    ML

9. Meldog

Meldog Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2004
    Blaine, ME
    To see an example of the wrong embouchure consult with the movie American Pie 2

Adam W. Metzler

10. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I guess I should watch the movie..........

:shock: