The LAW!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Heavens2kadonka, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    The Law of “Shotgun”

1a. Whenever one cries out with a loud voice “Shotgun!,” the passenger seat, adjacent to the drivers seat is reserved for him. Anyone who prevents the crier of “shotgun” from sitting in the passenger seat, adjacent to the drivers’ seat is guilty of breaking the law of “shotgun.”
    1b. The punishment for this transgression of the law is a public stoning, and the crier of “shotgun,” who was prevented from reaching the passenger seat, adjacent to the drivers seat, casts the first stone. In the case that there are no nearby stones, lynching is an appropriate substitute. If no rpoe is available, drowning is the proper way to kill the tresspasser. If there is no water, simply beat them
    to death.
    2a. “Shotgun” may be called in advance, up to one trip (no more than 30 minutes) in advance. Any person who disputes this call is held in contempt of the law of “Shotgun.” Punishment for this crime is a public flogging.
    2b. A trip is defined as from a place to another, not the whole duration of the excursion*.
    2c. If one lies about calling “shotgun” in advance, it is considered contempt of the law of “Shotgun.”
    2d. One witness must testify the calling of “shotgun” in advance. If the witness lies, he is held in contempt of the law of “shotgun.”
    *An Excursion is a collection of trips.
    2e. The motor of a car must be off to call “shotgun” in advance.
    3a. If any person is denied entry to the car, they can not call “shotgun.” If they try to enter, then they have broken the law of “shotgun” and are subject to the punishments described in section 1b.
    3b. The driver may “nullify” a call for “shotgun” in dire needs only. The driver may not “nullify” a call of “shotgun” frivolously or to allow another to take “shotgun.”
    3c. Drivers frivolously “nullifying” a call on “shotgun” or misusing the “nullification” powers in any way are held in contempt of the law of “shotgun” and are to be punished as described in section 2a.
    3d. A driver must call out in a loud voice “nullify” to “nullify” a call upon “shotgun.”
    3e. nullification can only be used 3 times for every cycle of the moon.
    Written by Hank.

Email this to all of your friends so that they may know the LAW!!!

2. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    You forgot when someone calls "blitz," there is then a race and whoever of the two gets to the seat first, gets the seat.

3. slimshady

slimshady Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2003
    please tell me this isn't just now spreading beyond the borders of texas.

your post is really funny. but you present this as if it is something new. just seems like old news to me.

if mexican food in texas is tex-mex can you really duplicate tex-mex anywhere other than texas? if so what makes it tex; why can't you just have mexican food in texas?

and i saw texas bar-b-q in california. what? since when does a californian want to eat anything from texas?

tex-mex in cali....that would be funny.

whatever its all good.

btw, don't try to answer these questions. although they sound like Mensa workout questions they infact cannot and will never be answered.

hah!!

4. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    At the time I had recieved this, there had been a large argument over shotgun between the person who wrote this and another fellow over rights in the van's passenger seat. He was so angry, he wrote "The LAW!"

Just felt like sharing with everyone.

trpguyy,
    I've never heard of the "blitz" rule.

Slimshady,
    Uhhh.... Yeah?

5. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Gee, where I grew up, hollering 'shotgun' in a moving vehicle meant that there were no cars around and it was time to use the shotgun to massacre a menacing road side sign! :twisted:

Bill