The loudhorns

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bachstul, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    How ironic that I'm hung in the trees by my feet and whacked with a stick on this forum for annunciating playing "fortissi-issi-issi-mo", And while it's all going on, trumpetmaster is advertising a new compilation by THE LOUDHORNS.:roll:

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Bachstul,
    I just think there was more of an an "exchange" of opinion on the morality of destruction than a reprimand for the actual practice thereof.

In the case of Loudhorns, I am not sure that there is a discrepancy. The truth is, that lack of control in a classical music sense can often be the spice of life - with consequences of course.

I am also not sure that the owner here really takes the "direct" ads. I think they are part of the hosting package. Our real sponsors are in the upper right corner.

3. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    My posting is probably notoriously grandiose, mostly for a point to be remembered, but I suppose I enjoy writing, too.

I'll bump that thread, soon, to regard the fact that even trumpet players are stereotyping trumpet players on the forum; And innocent children as "those" are labeled are taking a bad wrap.

It is adults who are responsible for what the children are exposed to, and "acting like children", as a term, or even a cliche', is such a negative statement, yet acceptable even today, at a time when a ................I'm not going to get political on TM, you'll have to fill in the blanks, you know what is gong on these days.

My Mom told me twenty years ago, "Children are the most sane people on the earth, it is the adults who screwed them up by the time they grew up."

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009