The Magic of TrumpetMaster

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dupac, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Several months ago, one of our Norwegian friends launched an SOS on this site : he couldn't play his Selmer TT, because one of the top cap was broken. He had tried to get a set of them through usual commercial ways, but he was asked 300 euro (quite 400 dollars) for those three caps, and he never received them !
    Living in France, I could get directly the stuff from Selmer factory, after a lot of weeks, because of technical issues and of the traditionnal french strikes...
    But at last, I got the caps, send'em to Norway before Xmas, and our friend can play his favorite horn again : that's the magic of TM, and why we are so proud of being members of this great family.
    Beautiful Christmas story, isn't it ?

2. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I love it when it works!

3. johnande

johnande Pianissimo User

Jun 3, 2009
    western Wyoming
    Thanks for sharing, both with him and with us; and yes, it is a good Christmas story (or any time of year)...

JA

4. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    :-)I like it.

A la tienne, Dupac (just opened a bottle of Merlot for my "evening" treat after finishing a 12 hrs night shift).

5. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    I love happy endings!

6. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I like it even more:-) The TT playes and looks like a dream now, thanks Dupac! This "happening" will surely become one of my most cherished TM memories:-)

7. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Great story!

8. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks for sharing. It adds to the spirit of the season. It also is gratifying to all of us trumpet players that another fine instrument is back in fine playing form.

9. tony h

tony h Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2008
    It's a great story , thanks for sharing , it makes up for those times when we'er not so nice to eachother on the forums great Christmas story warms my heart.

10. Einar

Einar Pianissimo User

Dec 18, 2009
    Great story!
    but one question; how do you break a top cap?