The meanest comment ever made

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Aug 1, 2006.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Sir Thomas Beecham.
    WILMER

2. beartrumpet74

beartrumpet74 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2006
    People who make comments like the ones above regardless of how famous, eminent, amazing, talented, one of a kind, respected, or whatever other label you give them, don't really get what this is all about. I'm with Nick.....
    PEACE and I mean it too!!!

It's pretty easy to tear someone down...it's a lot harder to look at yourself and make yourself a better person and musician.
    Matt

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I was in a hurry this morning when I posted this. It still bothers me that she thinks it.

When I joined that band about ten years ago I played third trumpet. After one of our concerts the conductor came over to me and said that he couldn't hear the first trumpets so He wanted me to play first at the next concert.

After the concert he came over and thanked me and told me that I would be playing first forever. I always tried to stay just a little above the band. We do a lot of pops and big band type of stuff and I thought it fit.

That conductor died a couple of years ago and the new guy never asked me to change. I thought they were happy. I know my job would be way easier holding back.

Who knows, maybe the flute player will quit.

4. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Oh my! :shock:

You showed some incredible restraint!! I don't even want to think about what I would have done to that bafoon after that comment!

Wow!

5. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    You showed much more restraint than I would have done in a similar situation. Props to you!

6. Brian H. Smout

Brian H. Smout Piano User

Hi All,

The goode Sir Thomas was reputed to have asked a musician his name and when the musician answered "Ball" responded "How singular"

:shock:

Cheers,

Brian

7. Dave

Dave Guest

Re: Ouch!

Nick,

I hope you have sent your latest recording to those bastards with a note reminding them of that day.

8. Dave

Dave Guest

Unbelievable. I would have read him the riot act, and told everyone he worked with what he did.

9. ecarroll

ecarroll Artist in Residence Staff Member

Jul 13, 2005
    NY/CA
    To quote the great Maurice Murphy:

"Excuse me, maestro...........are you going to continue to conduct in this manner or are you going to do the hono(u)rable thing and piss off?"

True story,
    EC

10. gchun

gchun Piano User

Dec 10, 2003
    High School percussionist to Orchestra director:

"Do you want me to follow you, or play in time?"

Garry