The Minnesota Orchestra Performs the Music of Led Zeppelin

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by PhatmonB6, Nov 16, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Am I reading this right??? Do my eyes decieve me??? Does the Song Remain The Same??? I live and breath Led Zeppelin I used to be able to name every song on every album in order. Learned all the classic riffs on guitar and bass (excluding Lemon Song and some others). Zep is my group and now the Minnesota Orchestra is going to bring it in orchestral fashion. Kasmir, Rain Song, Houses of The Holy,etc,etc. It does not get any better than that!!!! ;-) . Manny, I am for sure going and looking forward to your Jimmy Page style on your Monette. :D :-) ;-)

2. robertwhite

robertwhite Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    We did this same show in Charlotte last year. It's fun, but there's not tons of trumpet stuff. It's a good set, though. Some stuff you don't typically hear on your local classic rock station's "Get the Led Out" programming. The drummer was really solid, as I recall.

Anyway, have fun and have earplugs ready!

3. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    I saw a similar program done this past summer with the Long Island Philharmonic. It ws fronted by Randy Jackson,ex-Zebra band member, who can actually play all the Page guitar parts and sing Like Plant simultaneously. It was a good show at a nice outdoor ampitheatre.
    greg

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    B6,
    Is this different than the piece by Christopher Rouse dedicated to the drummer from Led Zepplin? Could you send a link with more info? I'm curious.
    Thanks,
    Jimi

5. PhatmonB6

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
  6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Nah, sorry...

I just got the memo a couple of days ago. I was as surprised as you all were. Don't shoot me but I don't know much if any LZ. It was big when I was young but I was really more involved in classical and jazz and the hard rock of the day was a turn off because I didn't get it. I am enjoying my youth more these days because I'm learning about music you've all known for decades. The deepest I got into harder rock was Stones, Chicago, BS&T. Otherwise I was a bubble gum pop guy because I liked lyrics that were more positive. Now I find the stuff I didn't listen to more interesting because I can appreciate it better.

ML

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    One of the best albums and most interesting music experiences I've had is the one done by Deep Purple with the Royal Philharmonic at Albert Hall. If you've never heard some of those tracks you should see if you can find it and "lend it an ear".

I've always been intrigued when musicians of the caliber of the top symphonic orchestras start digging into popular stuff and seeing what they can do with it. There is so much more power and control combined with subtlety and delicacy available from an orchestra than from an amplified "band" that it seems to bring a whole new dimension into play.

8. Umyoguy

Umyoguy New Friend

Feb 1, 2005
    Kalamazoo
    Man...You guys get LZ, we get Bernadette Peters.

Nothing wrong with Bernadette (she gave a great show), but I'm a metal head.

Umyoguy <---- Jealous.

Jon

9. PhatmonB6

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Manny, any chance of us Zep Freaks turning you into a Zep Head??? Promise it wont interfere with your other tastes in music. ;-) .

10. Youri le god

Youri le god Pianissimo User

Jan 23, 2004
    London, UK
    My fave is the Metallica albumm with the San Francisco Symphony (I may be wrong on that though!!!!). The album's called S&M though. Great stuff.

Rock on my fellow metalheads!! :twisted: