The most annoying fingering ...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Artemisia, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Genesis3003

Genesis3003 Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2008
    North Dakota
    don't really dislike a specific fingering, or note all the much (love concert eb for some reason), but i hate the high g and a trill that you have to play if you do the neruda or hummel concertos on Bb, so i tend to use an eb, which i need a new one of.

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    nordlandstrompet my friend, that's the true reason why I love so much pocket trumpets : you can clean out your nose while playing ... Sorry !

3. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    after dealing with arthritis and a motorcylce wreck, any thing dealing with the 3rd valve is not fun. When it is cold out I have to put sports cream on my index finger or it doesn't want to move in a timely manner [broke it at least 3 times].

4. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I think that most of us have some "hang-ups" with fingering, each in their own right. Some are double-jointed (as I am), have arthritis, perhaps at one time a broken finger or are just getting over the pain from when your wife/signifiant other slammed an object down on your hand for one reason or another (just thought I would add a side note). Some players have what I call "eye coordination" problems. You see the note, it registers (or is supposed to) in your brain, then the brain communicates with the muscles in the hand to make the fingers react. Many of you may laugh at this, but think about it for a minute, especially the "Comeback Player".

Remedy...there are many articles out there. Suggestion, do flexiblity exercises and hit the Chromatic Scales hard...tonguing the notes first and then following up by slurring them. Keep increasing the speed until you are going up and down the scale with ease and your fingers automatically react to any note combination. What is it we all tell our students?...Practice...Practice...Practice.

Just an opinion from an ole country-boy trumpet player...

5. HSOtrumpet1

HSOtrumpet1 Pianissimo User

Nov 28, 2008
    Michigan

It's harder slurring from a b to a low d.

6. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    My most hated fingering is a combo. D 1&3 followed by F# 2 and working that combo back and forth.