THE MUSIC OF TRUMPET

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by aronliew, Sep 29, 2005.

1. aronliew

aronliew New Friend

Sep 29, 2005
    malaysia
    any song is the best solo song for trmpet i am new here i am 14

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    We need more info to go on - we can't really recommend a solo without knowing where you stand with your chops and technique.

When I was a freshman in high school (15) I played "Andante et Allegro" by Ropartz. At the time, it was a good, solid solo that was within my chops and musical abilities at the time. Without really knowing your abilities, it's tough to really recommend anything, but if you are playing well, the one I mentioned could be a good place to start.

3. WaWa

WaWa New Friend

Sep 21, 2005
    Texas
    is that a question? :?:

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    So, Wawa...

How good is your Malaysian?

Aronliew,

Let us know a little about how well you play and maybe we can help.

ML

5. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I don't think he was really asking for any help in particular, I thought he was just intoduceing himself... Maybe I'm wrong.

6. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Aronliew- Welcome aboard. There are quite a few professional trumpeters here; and a few are well known and have done many recordings.

Take advantage of that; they can really hep you and make some great suggestions. We all kind of pull together to help each other out with trumpet (and sometimes other) stuff. Enjoy your stay!

*I just re-read your post; I agree with Manny. If you can tell us about your playing, we can suggest some titles that may work for you. (It was a bit early when I last replied...)

7. WaWa

WaWa New Friend

Sep 21, 2005
    Texas
    Manny Laureano
    Sorry, I really was not trying to be smart...I just didnt think he was really asking a question..I thought he might just be stating that he loves trumpet or something..Sorry if it was takin the wrong way...