The new Eclipse Flugel Horn

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Mar 8, 2004.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Everyone!

Just a few words to let you all know that i should be launching the new Eclipse flugel horn at the ITG in June.

Some fine tuning and tweaking is still ongoing,but we think it already sounds and performs wonderfully.

We actually have 2 protos that play very well and we are deciding which model to go with.
    However both of our prototypes incorporate the "Eclipse" way of thinking, meaning tuning the instrument after the valve section.Although both forms of tuning may help to solve some tuning issues that flugels suffer with generally

So we have made the front branch or bow, into a main tuning slide that works very well indeed.
    1 of these has a fixed tapered leadpipe and reciever just like a trumpet does and the other a traditional tuning leadpipe.

Of course we may not physically be able to do this with our cornet in the future? but while we can use this principal of improved air flow we will.

I will get some pics up soon of the 2 protos.

The design for our flugel goes right back to when we were developing the Bb's, its just taken us a long time to get the beast onto the workbench with everything else that is going on.
    To everyone who has asked from a long time ago about this instrument , the wait is nearly over.

Oh yeah i nearly forgot!! the C trumpet is completely finished and some pics will be on the Eclipse Website very soon

Regards

Leigh

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Leigh, I sure wish you'd stop being so lazy and get on with some real development work. It's about time someone came up with a decent cornet too. (Can't wait to see how the flugel turns out... where are you going to hire the staff to build the darn thing?)

Edit: Oh yeah.... "Oh darn". This means that once the MR is "home", I'm going to have to sell the Schilke AND the Jupiter to sponsor a flugle. I guess I better plan on getting the Mrs. an awful nice anniversary present this year (wonder if she'd let me play the flugle if I bought her that?)

3. Jazzman

Jazzman Pianissimo User

Dec 16, 2003
    What would be the estimated price of your flugel? I am sure it is worth every penny!

4. alanbach

alanbach Pianissimo User

Dec 10, 2003
    South Wales U.K.
    I might have mine in time for Christmas then Leigh? :lol: :wink:

5. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Hey Leigh,

Does that mean I get to play the prototypes when I come over in April after returning from the states? I hope so, since I already want one.

6. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Ok People

I have the very first pictures of the first Eclipse Flugel horn!

I am just waiting for the Trumpetmaster team to show up and maybe help me out with these?

They should get up soon i hope.

Should anyone want a preview before they are up, then please feel free to mail me and i'll sort it out ok

Regards

Leigh

7. Seinman

Seinman New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    Derby, UK
    Leigh,

If you want me to host these on my webspace just let me know.

Ron

8. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hey Ron

Thanks a lot !!!

Ill get the pics to you real soon

Regards

Leigh

9. Seinman

Seinman New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    Derby, UK
    Courtesy of Mr. Mckinney:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    beautiful. love that glossy finish, and what unique bracing, if it plays as good as it looks (no doubt in my mind that it does) you might have to be arrested for instigating fights between trumpet players who want to get their hands on one.