The New ZeuS Piccolo

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Yoder, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Yoder

Yoder Piano User

Aug 2, 2004
    Digital Domain
    [​IMG]

The New ZeuS Erato ZTR 900 P ABLX Piccolo Trumpet!

Here is the latest horn from ZeuS. The name of our new child is: ERATO

You can check it out here:
    ZeuS Piccolo

Also, we have just released a new mpc specifically designed for the Guarnerius and Olympus. Go to Home Page and click on the link. The name of the mpc is Aegis.

2. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    Looks great! I'll definitely keep it in mind when I'm in the market for a picc.

Am I out of place for thinking that the new mouthpiece looks strikingly similar to my Monette?

3. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I can't wait to try this piccolo! I'm sure it plays as beautifully as my Olympus!

Looks like your Monette? Try to find a Monette that matches this mouthpiece! I play tested my Olympus ARLX with Alex's prototype Aegis, I'm sure the combination was instrumental in my purchase. I now own one of the first ones Alex sold with my Olympus. What a combination! The cup is a fantastic all-around depth, the rim diameter and thickness is unlike any I've played before (believe me (and my wife) I've tried more than my fair share in the past 2 years!)!

Try it! I think you'll find it is a fantastic mouthpiece! The great thing for ZeuS owners, the mouthpiece/receiver gap is optimized with the Aegis and your Olympus and/or Gaurnarius trumpet, what more could you want!

4. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    How many different sizes does this mouthpiece come in?

I mean really, it looks like a total Monette copy-- which is fine. Kanstul does it, but they're open about it. I ask because if Alex is going to "clone" Monette pieces for half the price, you can count me in. Alex, if you're reading this, I need a C1-2. :D

pwillini, your description of the Aegis is exactly what Monette mouthpieces are known for (other than their price).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    What do you mean by this? How is it "optimized"?

6. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Maybe I should write copy for Dave! :D

I've not read the official Monette marketing for their mp's but I know this Aegis mp is the bomb! I asked Alex if there was a lead piece in the Aegis blank. Right now, the F2 is the only size, the last time I talked to Alex he said he is busy getting the F2 into the hands of all the people who want to maximize their ZeuS horn's performance. Alex said in the future he would try to design a lead piece but from that conversation I got the impression he's not going to get into the whole mouthpiece design/size thing.

So. if you need a Monette size I'm sure Jim at Kanstul will make one. I know, according to their Mouthpiece Comparator, they have it scannd so I would imagine you can order one in that size.
    http://kanstul.net/mpcJN/Compare/CompareIE.HTM

Try Alex's Aegis, you might not need to pay the big bucks for the Monette of have it copied.

7. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Just to be clear. The Aegis is made by Kanstul. Kanstul copied the Monette line in its M-series. The Aegis line is exactly the same price as a Kanstul version (M-series).

Now, ZeuS does offer a discount if you own a ZeuS horn. Therefore, if you have purchased, or are planning to purchase a ZeuS horn, the Aegis mouthpiece will save you $25.

Of course, if you buy a Kanstul horn, I would discount an M-series mouthpiece too ;-)

Jim

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Ok I get it... This is a Kanstul copy of a Monette Mp? So how is it optimized for a Zeus trumpet? :dontknow:

9. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I don't get this whole thing:

Monette comes up with something great.
    Kanstul tries to steal his idea.
    Now ZeuS is stealing Kanstuls stolen idea and kanstul is making it for him.

10. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    P.T. Barnum must be rolling with laughter...............

:roll: