the next time you give a way a trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jan 25, 2004.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    i can't write.

it seems like every time there is a contest it involves writing an essay
    which i can't do which leaves me out of the running.

next time could you do some kind of random number generator thing so that i could have a chance too?

2. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.
    I kind of agree with jamesfrmphilly. I mean, it's been a couple of decades ( or more ) since I've had to write an original composition/essay. Plus, I do hate to admit it, but reading some of those first posts, wow, I just wimped out.

On the other hand, I think if you're getting a brand new, custom made, one of a kind trumpet, you should do something other then just get lucky with a number.

I don't know, I guess I don't have an answer, but I think it's fabulous that you're (Leigh) willing to run these contests. It's very generous of you.

Marty

3. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Guys,

For what it's worth, I can't write to save my life. However, I do love trumpets and thinking of new ways to design them. I think those that are judging the contest know that not everyone can write, but they do have great ideas for new trumpets. This contest would not be happening if Leigh thought to himself, " Well I don't play trumpet so why should I build them?". Thank god Leigh doesn't think that way.

Once again, thanks to everyone for making this contest possible.