the next time you give away a trumpet

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jan 25, 2004.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    i can't write.

it seems like every time there is a contest it involves writing an essay which leaves me out of the running.

next time could you do some kind of random number generator thing so that i could have a chance too?

2. Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert New Friend

Nov 12, 2003
    US
    Same here. I think too many people got carried away in that part of the contest. When I looked at the rules for entry and got the idea the main point was presenting new innovations for trumpet features. I wished they would tell how much each part is worth toward the winning score. The story shouldn't be equal points to an essay, imo. most people are more articulate than me and more creative so I wouldn't have a good reason to win.
    now what we need to do is have reader voting.
    how can we cast our votes?
    i can tell you which one gets mine.

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I hope that the "short" story doesn't carry too much weight. I felt that my short story was fairly long at roughly four pages (copied and pasted into Microsoft Word) and I could have added a lot of detail and made it longer, but I felt that it was beginning to get wordy as it was. My story was not by a long shot the longest though.

Great contest anyway and it forced me to dust off some skills that I haven't used in a LOOOOONG time! :)

4. Big Phat Jan

Big Phat Jan New Friend

Nov 20, 2003
    London (South Ken.)
    Man, I can't really write either, but I'm sure they're not looking for booker prize winning material here... I hope!

Oh yeah, and I don't think reader voting would really work. If so, I'd be the first to create, say, 600 new profiles, and vote for me with all of them!

Cheers,

Jan.