The "Project" is done: Arnold Jacobs to go, please

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Mar 26, 2006.

1. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    I was lucky enough to have studied with Mr. Jacobs, and can't wait to get this book!

2. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    I read that with such abandon...I was lost for a few minutes. Something I will definitely be ordering or putting on my birthday list. Also will be letting my other trumpet playing collegues who do not frequent this site about it.

$30 for a work of this importance seems like a baragin to me. No wonder you were so excited, Manny!

3. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    That's a book I'm going to buy when I get the bucks!

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Count me in as one who will definitely pick this up as soon as it is available. Thanks for the heads up Manny.

5. AndrewTomlinson

AndrewTomlinson New Friend

Mar 23, 2005
    Yeovil Somerset UK
    It's a pity that this book appears to be only available to the American buyer according to Luis Loubriel's website.

Andrew :cry:

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Andrew,

I don't understand why that is. It'll be available on paypal very soon as soon as the paperwork gets done for that. Are you saying that it's not presented in pounds?

Send an e-mail to Luis and I'm sure he'll have an explanation that clears it up. I don't think he's interested in shutting out buyers internationally so, please do e-mail him and find out what gives and I'm sure he'll make the necesary clarifications.

ML

7. Derek Reaban

Derek Reaban Mezzo Piano User

Jun 16, 2005
    Tempe, Arizona
    I just ordered mine (PayPal is up and working)! It did mention only USA customers only (I hope he gets that worked out for you soon Andrew!)

I can't wait to read through this new material. Very exciting!

8. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Oh, well, then it's just a question of time is all. It's a slow process and will be available to all as soon as the logistics are set up.

ML

9. AndrewTomlinson

Mar 23, 2005
    Yeovil Somerset UK
    Hi Manny, and everybody. I've sent an e-mail to Luis.

Incidently, there is also a new book at WindSong Press called "Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs" A Developmental Guide for BrassWind Musicians by Bruce Nelson. So it would be nice to be able to buy both of them for an Arnold Jacobs feast.

We have a saying over here, about waiting ages for a bus to arrive, and then two arrive together!

Having the one by Luis and edited by Manny for musicians that play the trumpet makes it particularly attractive.

[Update: I see that there is now an addition to the website stating that International Ordering is coming soon]

Andrew :-)

10. AndrewTomlinson

Mar 23, 2005
    Yeovil Somerset UK
    International Ordering is up and running now, so I've ordered a copy.

Looking forward to reading it, especially after reading the interviews with Vincent Cichowicz and William Scarlett from the book in recent issues of the ITG Journal.

Andrew