The Real Way to Play the Cat Anderson Method now on Amazon

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sdhinote, Oct 2, 2013.

1. sdhinote

sdhinote Pianissimo User

Feb 3, 2006
    Palm Desert
    Greetings all!

I'd just like to make an announcement that The Real Way to Play the Cat Anderson Method is now available in printed form through both Amazon.com and CreateSpace.com, and is also available for Kindle users. The e-book is still available through my website. Please visit the Amazon site to read the very generous reviews by several players who have made my book a part of their daily routines, and please pass the word around. Here are the links:

The Real Way To Play The Cat Anderson Trumpet Method: Geoff Winstead: 9781492716150: Amazon.com: Books

https://www.createspace.com/4441491

Thanks!!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Uhhh... I would believe the real way to play the Cat Anderson Method... would be the way Cat Anderson would tell you to play. :think:Yeah... That simple.

3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I've got the original Anderson book. Like some other books (Caruso for example), not all is what meets the eye. This makes sense to me.

4. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii
    I believe that Geoff was a student of Cat Anderson and his book tries to clarify and build upon Cat's book (which is out of print and hard to obtain) through his first hand experience.

5. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I believe the link given above is self-explanatory.

At any rate, I'm going to order it and I'll get back to everyone who might be interested after I've had a chance to peruse it.

6. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Geoff Winstead's book is the way Cat Anderson taught him. In The Real Way To Play The Cat Anderson Method, Winstead attempts to clarify The Cat Anderson Method by virtue of his having been a student of Cat himself, and, to a degree he succeeds. Like all methods, this one works OK for some, not for others.

7. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    (is there an echo in here?)

8. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    WHAT?.............What?.............what?

Sorry, kehaulani, bad timing on my part. I got called away from my computer and finished when I came back... after robertx's post, but before I saw it.

9. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    That's alright JJ, we just want to make sure that everyone knows that the book is available, right? ;-)