The right way to play trumpet.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by andrew_jordan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. andrew_jordan

andrew_jordan Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSrux1eJxL4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSrux1eJxL4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So... why don't we just ask Toyota? Trumpet is a mechanized process now.

Drew

2. andrew_jordan

andrew_jordan Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
  3. MaynardTrumpet

MaynardTrumpet Pianissimo User

May 25, 2008
    I've seen it before, and I find it way too hard to believe...I don't understand how it can use air, tongue, and have such perfect tone...Just can't. If it's real, then that's just dissenter grading.

4. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

It makes sense,
    tone is mostly a product of steady air, and a robot would produce very, very steady airflow
    My teacher actually used this analogy for years, i'd never actually heard of a real one...

5. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Is it actually producing sound through that horn, or just pushing the buttons to a recording?

6. Miyot

Miyot Pianissimo User

Jul 22, 2007
    If you guys even think for a second this is real, I've got a nice piece of bottom land for sale, real cheap.

7. wilcox96

wilcox96 Mezzo Piano User

Oct 31, 2005
    charlotte nc
    Dylan...I didn't realize you were "that" lonely on the road. hahaha.

You should have spent more time schmoozing that waitress at the place we ate at. She would be a much more fun companion than "any" robot...;-):cool:

8. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Step your game Dylan and leave the poor trumpet playing robots alone!

9. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

We-ll... not so sure there BW. They got some Babe-Bots coming out that'll knock our socks off. :) Seems like they held the first think-tank in Japan last year, trying to outline the moral legalities of Robotics. So called sex-slaves being just the beginning of the headaches. This with the understanding that human-equivalent intelligence in machines, (and far beyond) is a hop and'a skip from today. Not that such adequate programming can't be droned down as well.

To hear it told; by more than just a few in the tech-know hussle. We'll be taking full advantage of Robotics as well. Mind upload anyone- Literal immortality something you'd care to partake- :) One of the seeming advantages would be our synthetic skin for example, that can be made far more sensitive to touch. As well, performance pleasure enhanced to unimagined heights. Wheeeew; that sounds like some serious spikes in paternity suits waiting to happen. And if better than human synthetics don't suit our birthday style, we can opt for Diamonoid or Ruby chassis' too. Virtually indestructible, and if we did happen to explode when the earth moved, no worries. We got backups that'll have us downloaded back in our spare chassis in a flash. All a part of the warranty, you understand.

_____

'..so it's all mechanics now. or was it ever anything otherwise?'

Suppose not Drew- the mechanics of nature's no less human than machine?

-

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  10. note360

note360 Piano User

Oct 16, 2006
    In a room in a house
    However, I do gotta say. This is cool, but it could never really replace a real trumpet player I dont think. ITs a good player, but not a good musician.