The so called "Breathe Support"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by robtrumpet, Nov 6, 2009.

1. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2008
    B.C. Canada
    Rob, what is your range? People have different opinions of what is high.

2. robtrumpet

robtrumpet New Friend

Nov 6, 2009
    Hi all,

Firstly thank you to everyone for your replies. It is greatly appreciated. There are some very interesting points made there and I will have to incorporate them:-). Rowuk you are right about getting a teacher..I wil have to sort this out.

ohh yeah (lol wicked username): my range is around A above the stave but it's not always comfortable/ consistent. Sometimes I can get C but it isvery quiet and definately not consistent. It's just frustrating because I feel I'm doing everything right: Relaxation, deep breath, hearing the note etc. ggrrr frustrating!

Once again thank you everyone I really appreciate it!
    Rob.

PS: does anyone have any info from masterclasses/ seminars or links on the net to info regarding breathing, practice, embouchure etc by the greats such as Hardenberger, Vizzutti, andre, balsom etc? It's just so inspiring.

3. robtrumpet

robtrumpet New Friend

Nov 6, 2009
    Hi all,

Firstly thank you to everyone for your replies. It is greatly appreciated. There are some very interesting points made there and I will have to incorporate them:-). Rowuk you are right about getting a teacher..I wil have to sort this out.

ohh yeah (lol wicked username): my range is around A above the stave but it's not always comfortable/ consistent. Sometimes I can get C but it isvery quiet and definately not consistent. It's just frustrating because I feel I'm doing everything right: Relaxation, deep breath, hearing the note etc. ggrrr frustrating!

Once again thank you everyone I really appreciate it!
    Rob.

PS: does anyone have any info from masterclasses/ seminars or links on the net to info regarding breathing, practice, embouchure etc by the greats such as Hardenberger, Vizzutti, andre, balsom etc? It's just so inspiring.