The strangest teacher request.

Discussion in 'EC Downloading' started by filhodedeus, Sep 15, 2005.

1. filhodedeus

filhodedeus New Friend

Sep 12, 2005
    Brazil
    I am really wanting to nail down some technique and want some direction from a teacher that will really challenge me. Hold me to the coals, so to speak.

I live in Brazil and my Portuguese is conversationally tolerant, but not exactly fluent. Music is such an in depth concept, that the language barrier could really affect the learning curve. So if they know English, at least in part, it would be beneficial.

I was wondering...way out shot here......if anyone knows any excellent players in Brazil that would be open to teaching?

Just to add a little more challenge to the request....I don't live near Rio or São Paulo, the two most well know cities in Brazil. I live dead middle of the country. The city in which I live is called Anápolis in the state of Goiás. The nearest large city is the state capital, which is drivable, is called Goiânia.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. ecarroll

ecarroll Artist in Residence Staff Member

Jul 13, 2005
    NY/CA
    Filho,

I suggest that you speak with Fabio Brum, a wonderful Brazilian trumpeter now studying with Reinhold Friedrich in Karlsruhe. He might be able to steer you in the right direction.

I'll send you his e-mail address on PM

Cheers and good luck,
    EC

3. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Filho,
    Nailson Simoes is also an excellent trumeter, but I think he might be based in Rio. Charlie Schlueter goes down almost every year to work with the Quintetto Brasil, usually in the late spring or early summer after he gets done teaching but before Tanglewood starts. You can check out his schedule at http://www.cschlueter.com/Events.asp
    -Jimi

4. filhodedeus

filhodedeus New Friend

Sep 12, 2005
    Brazil
    Thanks for the posts I appreciate it alot.

Ed, thanks for the em addy. I will get in contact with him soon!!

Is this forum great or what?

5. Benjamin

Benjamin New Friend

Sep 30, 2004
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Fernando Dissehna. He is Princ. Trumpet with OSESP
    (Sao Paulo State Symphony Orchestra) en Sao Paulo. He studied with Gekker in Julliard. Wonderful guy, wonderful player. You cannot go wrong with him. If you want his contact info send me a private message.

Ben

6. ecarroll

ecarroll Artist in Residence Staff Member

Jul 13, 2005
    NY/CA
    Thank you, Ben

Tell us about living in Uruguay and the Filarmonica de Montevideo when you have a chance?

Best,
    EC

7. filhodedeus

filhodedeus New Friend

Sep 12, 2005
    Brazil
    Thanks for all the offers of help!!! Honestly, I am very surprised at how many people in this forum are familiar with someone here in Brazil. I was expecting 0 responses.

If anything else comes across your paths feel free to let me know.

Thanks everyone.