The Studio Scene

Discussion in 'Wise Talk!' started by wiseone2, Dec 23, 2005.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
  2. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Very funny Wilmer. I specially like the part that guy looks up / back at the orchestra and they look back at the music... :lol:

3. crazyhorns

crazyhorns New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    NJ/Philly
    I'd like to see the score to that piece....

4. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    In many of the Salsa bands I play with in NYC the only time there is a change in dynamics is when a beautiful woman with nice legs dances by the bandstand---
    It is really funny how the whole trumpet section will play off mic and follow the dancer from one side of the ballroom to the other side and then go back on mic---well its really funny on the gigs my wife doesn't go to!

5. BflatAnklan

BflatAnklan Pianissimo User

Jan 28, 2005
    Midwest area USA
    haha talcito, let's hope she doesn't read in this forum! :roll:

6. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    I love it!!....and the ad.

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks Wilmer!

Nothing beats a great pair of legs!

-cw-

8. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    he he he , I gotta send that one around!

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    On a similar vein, I was chatting with a pro out of Branson one day and he sent me some video clips of their band in performance. I commented on the singer and he told me something that was hilarious. It seems that for one of their sets she wears a long, satin gown that has an enormous bow tied in the back and hanging down quite far. At one point in the music she does a bit of a shashay and bends the tempo quite a bit. At that spot on his lead sheet he has written "con derrierre".

Noel Langley related a story to me about a travelling show he was contracted to do in Paris that had some topless singers (yes, it was one of "those" revue shows). The music was handed out just before the show (no rehearsal). At a certain spot in the music someone had written in "Look up NOW". Of course the trumpet section "obeyed the ink" and looked up. The singers (who were at the front of the stage with the band behind) had turned their backs to the audience and bent over to give the obligatory "bum wiggle". There, hanging in front of everyone's eyes were..... you guessed it. He said they darn near couldn't finish the piece. He did not have a video clip to prove it. ;)

10. Schwab

Schwab Mezzo Piano User Staff Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Man, thats a great ad.