The Trumpet Channel

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Decoski, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Aussie Matt

Aussie Matt Pianissimo User

Oct 12, 2010
    Mmmmm, love that! Just tuned in and Roy Hargrove is playing. One of my fave players. Very cool. Thanks for the link.

2. Let's Get Lost

Let's Get Lost Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2010
    Near the river
    I'm listening too :thumbsup: Thanks!

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    May I also suggest www.pandora.com ? This is part of the Music Genome project and you can program in an artist, then the station plays this artist and many musicians that you may not have heard of yet, but performs in a similar style. Then it asks you whether you liked the song (or not) and by responding, it tailor makes the station into your own design. Currently I have a Lee Morgan, Kenny Durham, Nicholas Payton, Wallace Roney, and Michael Douglas stations. I also have a Paquito De Rivera station that plays some really cool Latin trumpet players. Give this one a try as well.

4. Let's Get Lost

Let's Get Lost Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2010
    Near the river
    I'd like to try it but it doesn't work outside the US :/

5. Decoski

Decoski New Friend

Jan 29, 2011
    California
    I have found that Pandora's sound quality isn't as good as some others on my Squeezebox Boom internet radio.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have not had sound quality problems. I play Pandora through a 4 speaker system with an additional bass amp. I have switched my Pandora over to Microsoft Mediaplayer, and find the quality nearly identical. I do recognize one subtle difference however, Pandora piano tracks have a much deeper definition with a rich full sound.

I also work in a building with by door open where the music bleeds into the hall in a very open building with much glass. I get complaints when I turn Pandora OFF, as I found out that offices on the first and second floor also leave their doors open to hear my music filter in. Thanks to Pandora and a great sound system, I've become the building's DJ.

7. melza

melza Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2010
    Australia
    Thanks for the link its great, Im sure Ill be playing it all the time.

8. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Pandora not available in Australia, I have registered and will post when available.

Regards, Stuart.

9. Decoski

Decoski New Friend

Jan 29, 2011
    California
    I didn't mean to imply that Pandora sounds bad, but definitely doesn't sound as clear as some of the other stations, including The Trumpet Channel. I have a subwoofer set up into my Logitech Squeezebox Boom, a wifi internet radio. The system has excellent sound quality for my bed room. Last night I programmed "Trumpet Powered Radio" from Live 365 onto my favorites list - thanks for the information - on the menu and tested it alternatively with The Trumpet Channel. I found the selections no better or worse on either one, and, once again, the sound quality was better from the Trumpet Channel. There are also a couple of good jazz stations from Sky.fm which I recommend because they play music in excellent, cd quality sound.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  10. TheTrumpetKid

TheTrumpetKid New Friend

Feb 5, 2011
    Thanks, Usually I would have to look up some on youtube and keep hitting that replay button.