The Trumpet Shop

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kro, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Kro

Kro New Friend

Jun 1, 2011
    Anyone give me any information on the Trumpet Shop in NY? Still exist? Charley last name?

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    My experience with The Trumpet Shop, attempted to purchase a Conn 38B, after payment received he came back saying it had been sold. only after threatening legal action did I get my money refunded, his excuse was he needed to pay off his credit card!! I would not deal with him again.

Regards, Stuart.

4. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Oh, that guy.

5. Kro

Kro New Friend

Jun 1, 2011
    Yes,That one.

6. jengstrom

jengstrom Pianissimo User

Oct 17, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Careful, there is another Trumpet Shop in NY. This one is near Rochester, owned by Joe Pera. I have bought several things from Joe and all the transaction were positive. He also has more horns, mouthpieces, accessories, and spare parts in stock than anyone I know within hundreds of miles (and no, I don't work for him).

-John

7. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    I thought so....go see Josh. Small percentage of his horns online, the shop is filled with them.

8. Kro

Kro New Friend

Jun 1, 2011
    Joe Pera's Trumpet Shop is "NOT" the shop I'm interested in. I have had no dealings with him and have heard nothing but good things concerning his business. Thanks for pointing this out. I would not want to do anybody a disservice.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Even although the temptation is great, common sense dictates that we PLAY BEFORE WE PAY. Even although the internet may have incredible looking deals, most often something that is too good to be true is often just that - not real.

I would say to resist the urge unless you can go there and check the horn out first and take it with you! In my opinion, the prices are not that hot that it is worth the risk.

10. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    Is Joe Pera's shop in Rochester the one that is now carrying Stomvi horns?