The truth exposed!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by max3k, Mar 4, 2009.

1. max3k

max3k Mezzo Piano User

Jan 7, 2007
  2. max3k

max3k Mezzo Piano User

Jan 7, 2007
    Amen!

3. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    "clarinets they alway outta tune"
    "thats why they all jealous of us"
    XD im lmao man thats awesome
    AMEN!!

4. ewetho

ewetho Piano User

Jun 24, 2007
    Kankakee, IL
    I knew it, they are always goofy anyway.

5. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    My son's band director is a flute player. last night at their concert, she demonstrated how she has washed the brass so low, as well as the percussion, you couldn't even here them. All night I heard clarinets and flutes up front. The other band director admitted it was awful. My other music D friend was too nice about it, and i haven't talked to my big band trumpet buddy yet, but I know what he's going to say, "get rid of her!"

A quarter million dollars worth of brass and percussion not even heard...... it's sad to go to a concert and not get blown out of your chair.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It is sometimes a shame that we do not take advantages of situations with a different balance of instruments to widen our horizons instead of dumping on the idea that brass is not there to bury everything else.

If it was possible to get the brass and percussion to play more softly than the woodwinds, I would commend the director for achieving what most of the testosterone driven jocks will never understand. To be honest, I don't believe it though. The nature of a well played trumpet makes it heard even at pianissimo. So unless all of the players were wimps, there is probably more room for Q-tips than increased dynamics.

Bachstul, I recommend that you take some lessons from that lady. She knows something that you need very dearly!

7. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    You´re a BRAVE MAN, rowuk!

This is the TRUMPET master forum . . .:cool:

8. Artemisia

Artemisia Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2009
    Austria
    :shock: Rowuk is a traitor !!! :shock:

Just kidding - tbh, he's got a point in what he said.

9. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hi Rowuk,
    "The nature of a well played trumpet makes it heard even at (p)". I totally concur.

10. tony h

tony h Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2008
    Of course sometimes brass have to play softly as the piece indicates or loudly as the case maybe , it's what makes music worth listening to , the different dynamics and the sounds of the different instruments combining to make music so if a director takes it upon themselves to favor a section rather than the music their playing , it's not right. Anyway I think it's Wynton having a joke at the exspence of clarinet players .