The truth exposed!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by max3k, Mar 4, 2009.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Sooooo, you have tuning slides - go for it. :dontknow:

2. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I don' even believe Wynton said this. I'm sure it was electronically altered.

3. ewetho

ewetho Piano User

Jun 24, 2007
    Kankakee, IL
    Does sarcasm escape people or what????

4. operagost

operagost Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Spring City, PA, USA
    ROFLAnd it's not that some directors are stupid AND deaf?

5. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Sure, W.M was facetious. It was a joke. But...humor always gets one to think. watch some of the works of George carlin. He was thee best comedian who got you to think. And that's what we're doing. Thinkin'.

So, when I always refer to a saxophone as a glorified version of a brass kazoo, I want you to know I'm joking, but it gets you thinkin' doesn't it? I love the saxophone!;-)

6. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    Saxophones.......what a waste of brass. Couldn't they use lead or zinc? :roll:

7. oldlips48

oldlips48 Piano User

Mar 1, 2007
    rofl

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land

No, no, no, they are quite handy - turn one upside down, hang it over the clothesline, and use the keys/pads to hold your trumpet music. How do the rest of you practice outside? :cool:

9. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    Well.....since you asked. I like to get the sax player to hold the music and I stand on the sax so I don't get my feet muddy, BUT sax players have such a short attention span, they don't hold the music long :roll:

10. HSOtrumpet1

HSOtrumpet1 Pianissimo User

Nov 28, 2008
    Michigan

Well, they are definately my least favorite instrument. They always for some reason remind me of those cheap party blowers that roll in and out when you play them. I really don't know why. But I have a solution as to why they don't make them out of lead. They would poison the player and be way too heavy to hold. So what to do about this dilemma of brass-wasting?? Maybe we could start making them out of copper?