The Vacant Chair / Looking for the music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wbeveridge, Dec 21, 2009.

1. wbeveridge

wbeveridge New Friend

Sep 4, 2008
    California
    I'd love any help anyone out there could provide. I'm looking for the piano music for a piece titled "The Vacant Chair : Grand Fantasia." I have the solo cornet part but need the accompaniment part. My father, who was my first trumpet teacher, has been diagnosed with several types of cancer and is now at home under hospice care. He has expressed a desire for either me or my son to play this piece at his memorial. After tearing my house apart I was able to locate the cornet part. I don't think I ever had the piano part so I am searching for it. I'll bear any cost to get my hands on it. If you or someone you know might help, I'd appreciate it greatly. Here are some of the particulars: Arranged by T.H. Rollinson, copyright 1887 by W.H. Cundy; Boston, Mass. My email is [email protected] if you can help me out!

Thanks!

2. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    Let me get back to you on this, I may have what you need but i have to check with someone first.

3. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  4. wbeveridge

wbeveridge New Friend

Sep 4, 2008
    California
    I have been to both of these links and have actually printed them, since they are the tune I'm looking for, but neither is the same arrangement. My desire is to play the one my father used to play. I may have to use these and work with my accompanist to cobble something together.