THE WEEPING CAMEL!!!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Alex Yates, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    First of all, insert twilight zone music for this one folks......stick with me, please.

So I make the "Growing Pains" post today.....all that follows unravels quite interestingly....in intense, deep and beautiful ways. There is some talk of Nature and God....another interesting spin on the original post.

I received a card in the mail today from a long lost musician friend (known each other since we were 13)...it brought tears of joy to my eyes. I was so happy to hear from him.

A month ago a movie was recommended to me by one of our own. (he will speak up, I am sure) I immediately ordered it from Amazon. It finally arrived today. I had no idea it was coming today and didn't think I would make the time to watch it for a little while. Something compelled me to finish practicing and put it in the player right away. OMG. What a work of art. THIS, my friends is the level of what "reality" viewing should be. THIS is magical, filled with beauty in its simplicity and honesty. So incredibly thought-prevoking on so many levels that have nothing to do with music. Included, it has EVERYTHING to do with music!!!! EVERYONE here must find a way to see this film as soon as possible. It will bring you to your knees (Rogerio, Toots, Glenn, Ed, et al). With the current vibe, it fits in perfectly. I do not want to give anything away. All I can say is that ALL OF YOU must EXPERIENCE this work of art. It will change you in some way forever....as all great art does. I am still weeping....not because I am sad, but because of its beauty. Trust me. All of you will be weeping as well.

Foot note: My first stuffed animal as a child was a camel, not a bear. I always loved camels and have no idea why. Now I do.

Going to get that box of Kleenex now and continue with some introspection. This movie will cause quite a few to do the same.

PS http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-9623288-4064958?n=130 here is the link to Amazon so those who are interested can look it up. The official title is "The Story of the Weeping Camel".

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Have to look it up Alex.

Being as you like Camels...

Here are some Pueblo West Colorado camels!!...from last week!

That's right, in addition to alll the horses, some of my in-law's neighbors have Colorado Camels!
    The wild west indeed!

[​IMG]

-cw-

3. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank you Chuck....they are quite beautiful indeed. Did you go near them or stay at a distance? Are they tame and domesticated or free to run wild? I never realized folks raised CAMELS in the States. That is way cool. Thanks again!

4. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    So, the movie is titled 'The Weeping Camel?'. FWIW, the U.S. Cavalry in the last century used camels in place of horses down in Arizona for a while. It just never quite took off, and the camels were let go in the wild. Every once in a while somebody claims to see a camel or two out in the middle of nowhere....

Bill

5. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Just addded it to my Netflix queue. (Now that I typed that, it looks funny!) Thanks for thinking of me, Alex!

6. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Moved to Lounge.

7. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Camels? I have not yet seen the movie but I see camels a lot. There is one in the old city and his name is George......has extreme bad breath too. From Jerusalem on the way to the Dead Sea, the Camels are all ‘saddled’ up and ready for tourists to stop and ride them.

I can say that they have a strong sense of you being in their presence. You call his name and he turns around and looks at you. Ever had an animal whose eye is about four times the size of yours look at you straight in the eye? When they sound off as they are poked to get up, they let out a excruciating sound.

I’m searching for the movie now. Thanks.

Liad Bar-EL