They make fake trumpets too now?!?!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by CaptainAddy, Apr 19, 2011.

1. CaptainAddy

CaptainAddy Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2010
    Camden County, GA
  2. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    looks like a strad to me.... Bach hex MP receiver strad looking finger hook and bracing and strad looking 3rd slide stop even says strad on it....

3. CaptainAddy

Nov 14, 2010
    Camden County, GA
    Rounded bell crook, weird serial number, non-Bach lever water key adjustable 3rd slide, poor engraving and no Vincent Bach signature says otherwise. And they haven't done pinky hooks that look even remotely like that since the late 70's.

4. forrest

forrest Piano User

Aug 14, 2007
    St Louis MO
    Has a lyre holder soldered on the third slide, and the 3rd valve stop rod is facing the incorrect way, I believe for that era.

I'd say it's a step up student horn - whatever they're called (TR600? Soloist? something like that).

5. CaptainAddy

Nov 14, 2010
    Camden County, GA
    It clearly has "Stradivarius" engraved on the bell, and to my limited knowledge, Conn-Selmer has never applied the Stradivarius name to nothing less than a pro horn.

TR200 and Solosit are both models of step up instrument, as well as the Omega, and possibly others.

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    maybe he put a Strad bell on it ... and a Lyre holder, cause you never know when you are going to get the big money call to march in a parade ... and of course you wouldn't leave your Strad at home.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Looks to me like the person selling this is the Lyre. I'm not convinced about this one. That is what I love about this forum. You guys are great in catching these potental shams!

8. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    fair point, best way would be to check the number out with bach then you'll really find out what its like, it could very well be an intermediate with a strad bell, my Omega I had looked very very similar to a strad but with a different bell

9. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Frankenhorn?????????????:dontknow:

10. harveyhassanator

harveyhassanator Pianissimo User

Sep 5, 2010
    Britain
    That can't be real strad. Its got the finger hook attachment from a student model. feel sorry for the poor person who buys it :/