They're Back

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by amzi, Nov 19, 2010.

1. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    The Musical Instrument Repair Shop has revived their website and apparently soliciting new customers despite having not completing the work previously paid for. State and Local Authorities have been of no help despite promises of prompt legal action because of their illegal activity. Caveat Emptor.

2. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Have you tried taking them to small claims court? For the cost of having a summons served, you can essentially put them out of business.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Be very careful about blasting anyone. I am involved in litigation for a 2006 thread that I had NOTHING to do with simply because the person blasted and I are both in Germany.

If you claim that things are unresolved, you better be prepared to back that up with documents.

It is far better to warn without specifics. Something like PM me if you are interested in working with xxxxxxx. There could be issues.

The problem is, if the thread is challenged, Trumpetmaster is not here to "defend" that position. A legal department to check out the nonsense that is posted here sometimes costs real money and this site is free for you. The response of the moderation is generally just to delete the thread instead of to fight. IF the case goes to court, the issue does come up about who posted what. Slander can be expensive. Think before posting.

We do welcome warnings - just be careful with the presentation!

4. mirslady

mirslady New Friend

Feb 24, 2010
    Mr. Taylor, On November 19th the site was disabled once again. and we did not put it back up. That was not our decision. We are not soliciting any new business. we are completing the horns and shipping them out. We are working with the Sherfiff's Dept and the DA. Yours is returning home shortly.

5. mirslady

mirslady New Friend

Feb 24, 2010
    As the monitor has stated there can be liable for slander as in one of the first posts about us. I had emailed along time ago telling them to remove it because it is a slanderous thread. The beginning of the thread describing us had many false statements about us and will also be given to the proper people when it is deemed necessary.

From us to all of you, MAY the Lord bless you with a happy food filled and family blessed day.

Respectfully yours,
    Mrs. Kay