Thick lips/ mouthpiece question

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Roshoka, Jul 31, 2013.

1. 48' Olds "Special"

48' Olds "Special" New Friend

Apr 22, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Get out of your mothers basement and get a job,
    This ones not working out to well for you!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    When humor bugs people, I find they have issues that do not allow them to see the truth. Step back and try to see the humor to my posts because within that humor lies the truth. Please don't let anger get in your way.

Feedback IS an important form of communication, and I appreciate your feedback. Until you can see and understand that humor really is the best medicine, I will only post from here on direct comments to your current perspective with the hopes of that you better understand the priorities between the equipment we use and the needs of an individual player.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    ???

We are not communicating very well here are we 48'?

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia

[​IMG]

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Based on my experience, I am hypothesizing that 4/5ths of all brass players are on a safari for still another mouthpiece and have no valid rationale for doing so. Were I to put a dozen mixed brand 7C mouthpieces on sale for $5.00 each, I'm sure I'd sell out. (Possibly, I presently have a dozen of such) Now raise your hand if you bought a mouthpiece just like a better player than you used. Raise your hand if you went to a "hang", listened to a P.T. Barnum type pitch person and bought the mouthpieces they were selling. I could go on and on, but to summarize very quickly the best mouthpiece out there is the one YOU like and it will play the way you want it to ... or should I say, ... are able to .... having adequate skills.

7. Roshoka

Roshoka New Friend

Jun 30, 2013
    You'd think someone who has posted over 10k times could piece together something constructive to say, guess not.

8. Roshoka

Roshoka New Friend

Jun 30, 2013
    How does chop protrusion affect playing? Sorry if its a dumb question, but I'm trying to find out as much info as I can while people are still steadily replying.

9. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Hi Roshoka,
    You stated:
    "You'd think someone who has posted over 10k times could piece together something constructive to say, guess not."
    -----------------------------------------
    This type of stuff isn't nice at all and I do not wish to be part of this. I hope I was able to help in some small way.
    Dr.Mark

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    sarcasm.