Think of them

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Manny Laureano, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    As we speak, over 3,000 of our Marines and 550 Iraqi soldiers are engaged with the enemy near the Syrian border in "Operation Steel Curtain". Other than the Iraqi soldiers, I'm not aware of other coalition troops involved. I'm sure there are, I just don't know who else is there.

If you're so inclined, throw a prayer their way. Otherwise, positive thought would be appreciated, I'm sure. As usual, please remember the other 130,000 or so that are there as well on our behalf.

ML

2. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    With Rememberence Day comming up on Friday Manny, I will definatly be tooting a heart felt verson of Taps at my gig. Heres to all the soldiers who died and who still wage the war :cool:

3. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Amen~
    gregc

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
  5. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Hello all, it's been awhile since I was here last

My brother is right in the thick of things over there. He is in the Marines. Thank you Manny for thinking of all those guys and gals over there.

6. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Manny,

Just played a pre-vetern's day gig here in Columbus, GA home of Ft. Benning US ARMY.

It's an honor to play for VETS and the community at large to honor heros past and present. Especially when it's appreicated so very much. Since I began playing here I play patroitic pieces with much more ferver. It does something to you when you play God Bless America and see the tears of a widow stream down her face while holding her husband's picture. Or when a child any age comes to the microphone and announce's her daddy's name with great pride.

I think about all forces in conflict everywhere, and pray that we'll never know the ravages of war as they do.