This has got to be the ugliest horn I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Spawn, Jan 3, 2004.

1. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I was wrong........it's a chia-trumpet!

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I have to say the horn was well buffed and lacquered!

There seems to be a small trend towards this -- the colored Martin Committees and Giardinelli just released a "professional line" with colored bells.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know ... might be fun to march with your school colors, or for a Ska band. It would shake up a Brass Band too.

3. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    The blue isn't that bad!

4. zackamabufoo

zackamabufoo New Friend

Feb 9, 2004
    Yes Yes very ugly

YA very ugly purple thing (I hate purple!!!)
    btw i like the blut trumpet!!

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    This is just my opinion (No offense Leigh!) but I have always believed that brass instruments should be made with the idea of showing the metal and not painting or lacquering over it with opaque colors. Clear lacquer, satin lacquer, brushed gold, brushed brass, silver plate...all fine. But I just can't get my mind to bend around having a horn that's something other than a metalic color.

6. Brassy49

Brassy49 New Friend

Jun 16, 2004
    Spawn

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:49 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trumpets by Harrelson... speechless.

What does this have to do with Harrelson Trumpets? :?:

7. busnutmedic

busnutmedic New Friend

Jan 1, 2004
    massachusetts
    It's the sound that matters, right? I personally find the purple one ugly, because it is lacking in taste. I wouldn't like a car painted that color either. It looks like a toy. Nothing wrong with that, if that's your personal taste. I'd prefer a nice pearl/glitter color, or something hot with flames on it. If you prefer brass..that's nice too :)

I would get tired of a horn like that as my regular horn. I'd have to have it as a second horn.

Bonnie

8. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Most band teachers probably don't like colored trumpets. I think those are pretty ugly.

9. thehouseofshawn

thehouseofshawn New Friend

Jun 23, 2004
    Liberty, Missouri
    This is so similar to guitar forums discussing the paint jobs they do on guitars and the people bickering that stained finishes are better (In my opinion they are...)
    However...there's no way to resist a shiny horn. That's that medulla oblongata workin' for ya!