this is bad...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by skankin'dan, Mar 11, 2008.

1. DarkKnight88

DarkKnight88 Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2008
    Tallahassee/Bradenton, Fl
    Oh, and make sure you warm down with some low notes and pedal tones after your done with your daily routine, a practice/rehersal, or a gig/concert. That helps me out alot. And drinking water afterwards does help out alot.

2. skankin'dan

skankin'dan Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2007
    Winnipeg
    Well, so far everything's coming back at a steady rate. I can now hit g# regularly (which is still sort of disappointing but all i need really is g so I consider it a good thing =) )

I took a lot of this advice to heart and it's working slowly but surely. So I'd like to thank everyone for their time and advice. If it wasn't for you guys I'd probably still be sucking the big one.

Thanks again =D

3. BlackWhite

BlackWhite Pianissimo User

Feb 27, 2008

I shared the same experience when I was put back to trumpet after half a year t euphonium. I was pretty much slacked there,not much melodies,long notes etc.

I never thought I will ever g back to trumpet.I was rong.I got a trumpet and realsed I lost all my tounging and range.I was SUPER demoralised and thought of giving up music,but well,I just kept going on.Started from scratch.

Its neevr too late.

4. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    You aren't taking ROWUK's advice, and of all the suggestions you'll get here, his are the most useful. FORGET the G# for now, and do the routine he offered, otherwise you risk further damage to your embouchure. You DO NOT NEED TO PLAY HIGH NOTES to regain your ability to do so. Do it right and you likely will not experience this spontaneous loss of the upper register in the future.

5. skankin'dan

skankin'dan Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2007
    Winnipeg
    i never said i practised hitting g# a million times... i simply stated that I am able to do so now as a result of following a bit of everyone's advice.