This is great...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by qazaq, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Nope, never wanted to do that. It is not high or loud enough!

2. qazaq

qazaq Pianissimo User

Feb 18, 2008
    hehe

This wasn't a serious recording...of course actual music would sound better...

Yah it sounds like it was over written over a good recording. I can't imagine a band of this talent getting together and doing this...

3. brad361

brad361 Pianissimo User

Feb 12, 2008
    Uh...........ok, did it sound basically annoying? Sure. In musical bad taste? Yep. But, a "religous travesty?" Geez, lighten up a little.
    And btw, I'm an old guy as well, have no use for a lot of what passes for music in 2008, but if you think THAT sucked, what do you think about a bunch of guys hopping around on a stage, reciting poetry with a rhythm track (ie, rap)?

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    I hate stuff like this... but they just take it so far past what anyone would consider in good taste that... it kind of comes full circle. I love fine cuisine, but sometimes you just need a Big Mac.

-jimi

5. Adam Smith

Adam Smith Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2006
    MTSU
    If this is the tastee bros, which I think it might be, then just look at their name. Go to tasteebros.com and see, its not meant to be of any musical value. Just funny. Listen to "ann-natural trumpet" on their "no mo gubment cheese" cd. Of course they are doing that on purpose. Also, check out their "how we play so high" section. Pretty funny.

6. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

No one will ever confuse them with clarinet players!

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    but with a steam kettle............. or ARMY of steam kettles.

I think things this deviant are only possible in the information age. We have built up a tolerance for many things that would have unthinkable even 20 years ago.

It is amazing what one must do to get noticed in 2008. On the other hand we have trumpet players auditioning that do not even have THEIR repertory down cold. A chill goes up my spine....................

8. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    There's a great one on YouTube with some guys screaming in the loft at his friends' wedding. Hilarious!