This is how you do an interview!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, May 8, 2013.

1. graysono

graysono Mezzo Forte User

Jan 22, 2007
    Hyde Park, Utah
    Very cool. Especially the part about sounding the way you want to. Another thread on dark sounding etc here on TM is just a waste of time. It truly is in you and he shows that so well. Same horn, same mpc, same chops. Totally different sounds out of the horn based on how he wants it to sound.

2. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I just checked Sydney - the Ticketmaster site is listing the show as cancelled now and doesn't mention an alternative venue. Oddly, it doesn't mention a new venue for Melbourne either (just marked as cancelled).

Tickets | Arturo Sandoval - Sydney NSW at Ticketmaster
    Tickets | Arturo Sandoval - St Kilda VIC at Ticketmaster

Who is the promoter? I can't see this from the ticketmaster website.

--bumblebee

3. bobd0

bobd0 Piano User

Jan 10, 2009
    Wow. That was really a 16 minute master class. Thanks so much for posting this. :thumbsup:

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I probably would if I really needed to know - was more curious than anything else. The date just doesn't work for me anyway.
    I hope Mr Sandoval is okay.

Maybe Mr Sandoval cancelled his Sydney show so he could come to hear ours? :roll:

--bumblebee

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  6. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mmmm, email from Ticketmaster definitely says the Melbourne show will now be at a different venue, but you're right, their website shows the show cancelled. I have a gig that day too (earlier) but am happy to have just family, friends and an unsuspecting bunch of strangers there to see a debut in a new (for me) genre.

I'm sure my purchase price is not at risk, but it'll be a p*ss-off if the show really is off.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
  8. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    I agree with him about Timofei Dokshizer. And a whole bunch more. Just really fell in awe and love with Dokshizer in the mid- to late 70's when I bought his albums.

9. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    I love the look on Jens face when Arturo is playing that "Man With the Horn" riff...almost like,
    "damn, how DOES he do that?!".