This is probably the worst thing that I have ever heard

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rowuk, Jul 20, 2009.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Some threads are deserving of resurrection. IMO this is one of them. HILARIOUS!!, Especially 4th chair trumpet!!ROFLROFLROFLROFL

2. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    Rowuk. Where did you dig that one up? I seem to recall it from the nethermost reaches of my memory. About 5421 BC wasn't it?:-P

3. Blasphemy

Blasphemy New Friend

Jun 24, 2011
    North Andover, MA
    I have to say, this is very... interesting. But at least it was that. I mean, It could've been so awful as to be completely annoying and nonmusical, but I sort of enjoyed it. It's different, sorta like Dizzy and Maurice playing together.

YouTube - ‪Maurice André and Dizzy Gillespie "Groovin´ High"‬‏

I guess this could be done better, but I'm honestly not sure how...

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Haydn wrote 750 works (documented in the Hoboken Catalogue). He had no time for surfing.

He started his professional life as a freelancer, then later as a music director for various aristocrats. Further on down he had a couple of extended trips to London where he was extremely successful. Finally he settled down in Vienna.

He is reported to have had a great sense of humor. He and his wife were unhappy and cheated on one another.

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I've heard worse.

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    you seemed determined to create a real distaste for Haydn and me ... You win .. I surrender...

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Is this a 45 played at 78 rpm? The rpm increase worked for the Chipmunks but I don't think it's working in this rendition.

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

No place to surf ..... Vienna, London? When you can't find a decent spot to surf and your wife cheats on you .... You need a good sense of humor to get that much work done. That's impressive (that's a whale of a lot of composing .... WHEN did he have time to cheat???):lol:

Turtle

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Haydn was short in stature, perhaps as a result of having been underfed throughout most of his youth. He was not handsome, and like many in his day he was a survivor of smallpox, his face being pitted with the scars of this disease. His biographer Dies wrote, "he couldn't understand how it happened that in his life he had been loved by many a pretty woman. 'They couldn't have been led to it by my beauty'"
    Wiki lift.

Go figure? :shock: