Thought id give essential elements a go.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by monkeymark, Aug 3, 2012.

1. monkeymark

monkeymark New Friend

May 11, 2012
    Heard a few good things about Essential Elements so thought I'd give it a try. Been using it about a month.
    Pleasantly surprised.

For someone such as myself (ie still in the early stages) I think its good. I can see the benefits of using it with a school/private/band teacher, but using it on my own seems to work pretty well too. Steady learning curve, sufficient information and some nice little play along tunes.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my experience with it. Feel free to share your thoughts/experiences.

P.s. I thought the listening library quite good too. I have very limited experience with this type of music but a few days ago I listened to them, and I really "listened" and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cheers, Mark

2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Yes. That is a good start. I bieve there is an Advanced version when you are ready.

3. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    There are three levels, yellow, red and blue

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    There is three levels, DaTrump? LOL.

Glad you're enjoying it, Mark. It's really made for group instruction where all sorts of instruments, with different technical challenges, have to learn at the same time, so IMO there are some compromises. Not necessarily at your stage, though. For a more complete progressive and balanced system, you might want to get the Rubank Elementary Method for Cornet or Trumpet to supplement what you're already enjoying. The price is right, so you can't lose.
    Amazon.com: Rubank Elementary Method - Cornet or Trumpet (Rubank Educational Library) (9781423444794): A.F. Robinson: Books