Till eulenspiegel...

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by jcstites, Nov 5, 2005.

1. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    Manny,

Im preparing the till part, not for performance, just for the future and I have been listening to you recrding alot. Of course, it sounds great. ;-)

At the bottom of the first page, between rehersal numbers 16 and 19, are those dotted quarters tounged? Or do they have a very defined beginning to each note and it sounds almost tounged?

I am about to go find my score and see what the score and other parts are doing....

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    A nice "push to the breath" as Edo De Waart used to say but slurred.

ML

3. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    Thanks.

two more questions...

The ttkt ttt at the top of the 3rd page, should it be really short, but just sperated? In most recordings it doesnt sound very short to me, but that is through a mic farther away, does it need to be very short?

How loud should the stuff on the 3rd page be? I know it marked FF and FFF, but in context with the rest of the orchestra, is it completly full out, or just a full f, ff? After about an hour practicing it, my chops are fried, heh.

Sorry for asking so many q's, but i just gots ta know! :D

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA

Short

Everything's relative to the hall you play in. The important thing is that each dynamic is clear and distinct from the other.

ML