Tim Zimmerman and the Kings Brass -- auditions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by kingtrumpet, Mar 9, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Tim Zimmerman and the Kings Brass (Gospel, contemporary Christian group) ---- are calling for audtions for their summer tour, ---percussionists, tenor trombones and tubas.
    APRIL 3rd deadline!!!!

I know it isn't trumpet --- but also know many people on this site have connections with Trombone and Tuba players, some people even hang out with percussionists and it just might be a great opportunity for someone in your church, or someone you know

Tim Zimmerman & the King's Brass

2. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    KT. you have it backwards.

What do you call somebody who hangs out with musicians?
    A drummer

3. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Why do trumpet players hang out with drummers? The drummer is the most likely to have a big vehicle to offer them a lift home...

4. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Oh, and there's one more. What's a trombone player without a girlfriend?

Homeless.

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thanks for that----- I kept thinking something was wrong with that ---- I know trombone players and tuba players are inspired by trumpet players ---- and that is why the tuba player in the community band can now play 12 notes. Some trumpet player exclaimed that there are like 36 notes on a tuba, and the tuba player responded!!! ---- "oh, thank you, I only know about 2 notes --- Tuba B, and Not Tuba B!!!!" ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    KT, that's like saying that there are only two keys.... C, and that other one with all the bad notes in it.....

7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I know Tim very well. I went to Grace College where he was an artist in residence and taught trumpet. I didn't have lessons from him because I was playing French horn. But he's very cool and the KB are great. Now that Grace has ended it's music curriculum (what a shame) they have gone pro only. Even if you don't want to audition, go and see them if you can. Great musicianship and performance style and not as "churchy" as you might think.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    thanks for that interesting bit of experience that you have Misty --- I am finding that quite a few people on TM, and even in my community band have such a diverse range of experiences. In my community band we have 2 retired marine musicians who played for presidents and dignitaries ((although you have to pull this information out of them, as they are quite humble)) -- to them, it was just their duty.
    I think BigDub here on TM, actually had a chance to play with Tim Zimmerman for a couple songs when they came to his area. Actually I had an opportunity to get an audtion this winter --- but I had to be a certain caller for my local Christian radio station ---- and someone else got to play a song on stage at a concert!!! ahhhhh, poor ole KT here --had a chance and missed it!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL