Time for a change, need a recommendation!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nico Kelevra, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Nico Kelevra

Nico Kelevra New Friend

Aug 1, 2012
    Carapachay, Argentina
    Tomorrow is my birthday :lol:, and It have been 7 years that I'm palying my King Cleveland Superior trumpet (which is in a good shape) and two years before I've played a Weltklang trumpet (rare?). Here is the question: Do you think that is time for a change? If you think that, please make me some recomendations...:-?

Two things to think about:
    I live in Argentina and is really dificult to get a new one at a very low price or a used one :thumbdown:... and I don't need a profesional one...

Thanks

Nico

2. trumpeterjake

trumpeterjake Pianissimo User

Aug 5, 2012
    Connersville, Indiana
    Just save the money. I don't really think it would be worth it unless something is wrong with your current horn. If it is working for you then don't fix what isn't broken! Maybe in several years when you start playing gigs or go to college you could consider using the money that you have saved be not buying a horn now, to by a high quality horn. Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Keep playing! :lol:

3. Sidekick

Sidekick Mezzo Piano User

Apr 14, 2011
    London UK
    Buy an Olds!

:-)

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  5. graysono

graysono Mezzo Forte User

Jan 22, 2007
    Hyde Park, Utah
    I agree with both of the above--if it ain't broke and what can you get where you are? If you start a safari tell us what is available to you there. It may help further recommendations. Also be sure to read Jim Donaldson's pages called The Trumpet Gearhead. There are some good recommendations in there for upgrading to a pro horn that is used. Some of the advice may not apply given your location. Toby's implicit thought seems to be that some of the European manufacturers may be more available to you than others elsewhere and Donaldson, if I remember, is kind of quiet (dated?) on them.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  6. trumpetplayer231

trumpetplayer231 Banned

Aug 31, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    MY FAV MODEL EVER --> Bach strad 37