Time to say goodbye

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bumblebee, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wonderful, bumblebee! Thank you for posting it.
    Jim

2. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I wondered if Chris Botti had played this song with Andrea Bocelli but cannot find any reference to that.

But I did find a few youtube clips of Chris playing other songs with Andrea, including this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwBY8neEN6Y

updated video link as previous one was stale/removed

--bumblebee

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I noticed this was titled "In Tuscany". Just wondering if it was "Midnight in Tuscany". Would love to get Chris my manuscript of "Midnight in Tuscany". It conveys much of the feeling and style in this clip. I wrote it to be a Jazz Opera piece. The EBQ has been playing it now on nearly every gig. It has become an instantaneous crowd favorite. If anyone here on TM would like to hear our recording if "Midnight in Tuscany" send me a PM with your email address and I will send the mp3 of our studio recording.

4. Randall Nelson

Randall Nelson Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    I took the time to listen carefully...actually the person doing the oboe intro does a nice job too...

5. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    Well in my case I just recently started taking lessons with someone that studied under the same guy that helped teach Chris Botti, so only 1 or 2 degrees of separation. I can say that in 1 month of lessons, I have already noticed improvement in my tone quality! I feel like when working on tone quality that it can at times seem very elementary in what you do, but the importance is how you do it.

6. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Had to listen to that last note again (Bocelli/Botti). Impeccable control even to controlling the water to a great degree. Wonderful job by 2 GIFTED musicians

7. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Well I do play like this :-)
    in my dreams.

8. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Wish I dreamed like that.

9. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    Time to be honest here - Chris is only miming, I stand behind the flats on the side of the stage and do the actual playing ROFLROFLROFLROFL

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Although Chris plays extremely well, I've no pretense to play like he does ... I play like ME ... which may not be as well, but I enjoy it. Now my question to Chris is: Does he always enjoy playing like such?