Tine Tango Helseth

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by nordlandstrompet, Dec 31, 2009.

1. trumpmac

trumpmac Pianissimo User

Aug 8, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What? She can't improvise? Just kidding, the way she plays with what looks like no effort is astonishing. I could listen to (and look at) her play all day! Thanks Nords. :thumbsup:

2. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I searched for quite a while on the internet to see if I could find the score for the music she played at the Nobel Prize concert. I did find that it was played at the 2007 ceremony and the name of it is simply "Fanfare". But - no luck on finding the actual sheet music. Is this type of music kept secret? Surely there must be some place to buy a copy. Otherwise, I will be stuck watching that clip over and over and over at I try to transcribe it. Hmmm, maybe that's not such a bad idea. But that still leaves the rest of the parts...

3. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
  4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land

She gets that red ring on her lips too - watch the end - so the apparent lack of pressure she displays may be just a perception.

5. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I could offer to kiss it all better for her.:oops:

6. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    I saw that ring too. She's human after all. And of course, with make-up, we'll never see her turn red in the face...

7. Kima

Kima New Friend

Oct 29, 2009
    Athens, Greece

Now, that's a comfort! - Sometimes it can be very discouraging listening to someone that good - makes you wonder what exactly are you doing, since you can never reproduce a sound anywhere close to this... :roll:

8. Trumpet-Golfer

Trumpet-Golfer Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2008
    Liverpool, England
    I’ve been playing about the same length of time as young Natalie Dungey. She has a very good sound already and watching her ascend effortlessly above high C and almost nailing a high G is humbling to someone like me who can just about get the A below high C. I’m sure she has the potential to follow in the footsteps of Tine Thing Helseth and Alison Balsom, who also plays with effortless beauty.
    Since I started on the difficult road of trying to play the trumpet proficiently, I’ve often wondered that if there is one physical attribute that gives you an edge, it is lips that vibrate with the minimum of effort.
    I suppose the majority of us are in the same boat as the late great Herbert L Clarke in that we learn to play the inefficient way and by trial and error become more efficient players. In H L Clarke’s case his template for effortless play was Walter B Rogers.

Chris Brown.

9. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    The red ring is a tattoo! She is tired of all the stupid "Aaahhh, it's playback" comments..:lol: