Tine Thing Helseth Concert

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gingerbear, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Gingerbear

Gingerbear New Friend

Sep 16, 2013
    River Falls, WI
    Hey guys,

I'm going to see Tine Thing Helseth in Minneapolis on Tuesday 4/1. I was wondering if anyone knew what pieces she's been playing lately so I can study them before I hear her play as I haven't found any setlists online. I'm assuming some stuff off of her latest album and either the Hummel or the Haydn, but I was just curious if anyone has heard her lately...

2. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    I have heard her two times lately, but I am not going to tell you what she played. :cool:

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    as my Dad would say ---- "go and enjoy the concert, don't analyze it" ------ you know through my years, I (at 49) am starting to realize the logic in Dad's advice. ----- so I say ------ go enjoy the concert, and be happy there!!!!!

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It is a trumpet/piano concert. That in itself means that a lot depends on the piano qualities. I am sure it will be fine without needing to bring a score and red pencil........

5. Kevin Whiting

Kevin Whiting Piano User

Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    So, tell us how the concert was. I like her music!

6. neal085

neal085 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 6, 2012
    Ft. Worth, TX
    She's going to be in Ft. Worth next month........and that's the only weekend on my calendar that I have unavoidable plans to be out of town.

I recommend that you make it a point to take someone else who will share your enjoyment, and hang on every note of the concert.

I really believe the saying, "Live in the moment". That would be especially true if you're at a Tine Thing concert.