Tine Thing Helseth

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cooperwilliamp, May 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Come on nordlands...that's Greek to me. (ha ha) But then you probably do not want your wife knowing your thoughts!

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Thats' EXACTLY what my wife said to me - NEVER GUNNA HAPPEN - I simply leant one to my niece for a while and the "Drama Dragon" (love of my life) pulled her anti trumpet head in. :oops::play::shhh:

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hmmmmm, strange mental picture here. :-?

4. Rushtucky

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My problem is that I collect antique trumpets, especially the Bach models. Some of the older ones I have had to reach deep into my wallet. Wifie was not too happy about that.
    Then of course she goes on about all of the music I have (two (2) four draw filing cabinets at home) and several shelves at my office. Geez, they just can't give a guy a break!

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Rushtucky m'boy - there is always someone worse off. I have 8 x 4 drawer filing cabinets full of scores (not all mine - they belong to the band) and do I get "schtick" about the space thet they take up? Tell your wife, and she will realise that she has nothing to whinge about, you are (in essence) only an amateur - you may use me as an example if you wish (just don't give her my email address). ;-) On the other hand, you could buy her some filing cabinets of her own. ;-)

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  6. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Righteousness to those that be employed, for he to hath aquireth thee to which dat he , uh, worketh hardest thy for whom um....soeth he mightest buyeth ofeth.

Tell her that!

7. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    It's funny that you should mention Tine on this thread,; whada coincidence!

All I know, so far, is Monday I ordered her CD, From a place that wanted $75.00 U.S. I e-mailed a comment that "for $75, I would expect to find her packed in the box as well", alive and breathing, of course.

Coincidentally, less than a week later the price for the CD went down to $24.00. for the import. Do I suspect I had something to do with this price drop? Of course I do, I'm a trumpet player!

I'm still waiting for the CD to show up, but I watched her videos on you tube. I learned all about her from the one who posted second here, with the dinosaur avatar, and already discussed a lot about her with Jon on a thread that was supposed to be about Arturo, but Tine is better looking, so!...she is wonderful, I enjoy her sound. I don't have a super huge library of trumpet music for many reasons you could understand, I may explain later, so this will be nice to listen to.

Can anyone, and I know your out there, give proper phonetic pronunciation of her name????

8. Rushtucky

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I am surprise that many of you had not heard of Tine. She, like Alison, started at a young age and quickly mastered the trumpet. She has competed in many competitions in Europe and Great Britian. Her rendition of Hayden's Trumpet Concerto is excellent. All of this on top of the fact that she is very pleasant to the eye (being politically correct).

I definately would like to hook up with some of you Norwegian chaps when I make my trip to London next year.

'Jolly good show' as they say in good ole' London to our European chaps, and 'good day' to you Ted our down-under buddy.

9. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    :shhh: It is supposed to say:

"My wife has a lot of closets full of "no clothes"..." ROFL

10. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    "Tine" is pronounced with a short (scandinavian style) "e".
    ("Tiine" - not as in "tiny")

Last edited: May 8, 2009