Tine Thing Helseth

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cooperwilliamp, May 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Look at all them cymbals - and the trumpeteer in the bow - ooohhh luxury. The Vikings, are they just closet percussionists or what?

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    It is when she is not wearing the other half that it gets interesting.:-)

veery

3. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Wow..that is a tough one!

4. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    Aahah!

You are still lurking around?

[​IMG]

5. prev

prev New Friend

Jul 26, 2009
    She plays with very little effort. She has a very nice sound. After a few more years of maturity...watch out.
    prev

6. Rushtucky

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yep...

7. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Whoa!!! I'm still reeling from this thread. Eight (count em) pages on one thread that were posted in only 2 DAYS! I've never seen anything like it. I think I'm lucky that this thread was done before I joined the forum. If I had seen it first, I would have thought the lot of you are daffy and given to random fits of nonsense and probably would have moved on to 'that other forum' (where at least they maintain a semblance of decorum - HEY! that rhymes). After all, a bunch of grown men (maybe I'm wrong about that part) carrying on so. Don't you guys have anything better to do than babble on about some cute, blond, trumpet player? (Come to think of it, neither do I).

But, I just realized - my grandmother was Danish so it's no wonder I can't keep up with this Norwegian train of thought (or was there one?)

BTW - I agree that Tine is a phenomenon. When I first saw a video of her, I could not believe that she was even playing the notes. There is absolutely no evidence of her making any effort regardless of the register. She almost seems to be in a trance when she plays.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  8. Rushtucky

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    But we have a lot of fun on this site...even those from Norway. Lot of good info floating around on here...read and learn.

9. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    ComeBackKid asked "Don't you guys have anything better to do than babble on about some cute, blond, trumpet player? (Come to think of it, neither do I)."

Well, we can always talk about Amanda Pepping. She's not a blonde, but she's an amazing player.

10. Rushtucky

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Due to the fact that I am not as nearly as good as her, or even close for that matter, I can't keep from babbling. To think what I sounded like when I was 20 years old compared to her accomplishments at the age of 20...wow!!!

Now I am in my 50s and still not anywhere near her talent.