Tine Thing Helseth

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cooperwilliamp, May 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Robin, I'm all for it. But the TM jerk-factor bodes ill. What a wonderful deal if would happen. Time for old and new to confab, and we flies on the wall watch magic.

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    We all fall into this trap Rushtucky (and certainly without taking anything away from the talents of Tine Thing Helseth) - do you think she is able to compare with you as a music educator - at 20, were you good at football, baseball, snooker - how can you compare talents. Yes she is a fine trumpet player, effortlessly it seems, with an attractive countenance but you must compare apples with apples, oranges with oranges, Norwegians with Norwegians, beer with beer.

Don't beat yourself up, rejoice in Tine's talent and the joy it gives you - it was someone like you who taught her music so that she could share her talent. Rejoice as much in your own achievement - because it is different to everyone else's and is therefore - special. :D

3. Bloomin Untidy Musician

Bloomin Untidy Musician Piano User

Jan 14, 2008
    Staffordshire
    I love this girl's playing!! In fact i think her recordings of the Haydn and Hummel are amongst my favourite. Apart from their elegance and musicality, they are extremely well engineered, and draw the best out of her playing.

On the other hand in recent recordings of Alison Balsom i have found her sound to be slightly fluffy. Don't get me wrong i think she is a superb player, but i don't like the engineer's interpretation of her sound. It lacks the sparkle needed for the classical repertoire (IMHO). I think the recording setup would suit french music better.

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Very nice sound and effortless style.

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    She's very talented and I would recommend her CD's.