Tiny Thingy Helseth

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Churchman, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Glad I could be of service,Churchman. She's far beyond me as well:roll::lol::oops::cool:

2. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    She is beautiful. ...my teacher who is working on my emboucher told me to watch her set her mouthpiece and I have NO TROUBLE watching her "setting her mouthpiece "nice no pressure relaxed I like her and her playing is good too Anthony

3. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    Even though I was at the back it was a masterclass in HOW to play, as well as a great evening.

4. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Shrewsbury UK & Lanzarote
    Ex Brit here Churchman - only moved away 3 yrs ago. Still come back for N+1 itus treatment (trumpet shopping).:roll::D

Yes I agree, its good to watch players live rather than just listen to CDs, which are often done with many edits and can feel more sterile.

To be there, to feel the empathy with the music, watch the artists absorbtion and feeling with the composer, the adrenalin as the tricky sections are executed and the great satisfaction at the end of a performance. A fluffed or a cracked note here or there just remind us that they are human and not machines. !!

5. RRVancil

RRVancil Piano User

Sep 24, 2009
    Littleton, Colorado
    Thanks, she is one of my favorite artists.

6. Stevetigerfan

Stevetigerfan New Friend

Feb 15, 2013
    England
    Thanks Churchman for the Heads up on Tine Thing in London I brought a ticket in row 3 and what a delight ,she ticks two boxes for me a great looking Woman who made Trumpet playing look easy ! for most of the concert she was cruising exept for the piece that they had written for them that challenged both her and the Piano player ,however they pulled it off magnificently and big smiles and a huge round of applause afterwards said it all.
    Totally agree with your last comment she let the handbrake off on the last tango and for me the oncore was the best piece of the night .

7. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    Steve - glad I got someone there.

That 'special piece' - wow, not terribly tuneful, but amazing nonetheless.

As for 'row 3', humph. Us poor people sat at the back! ROFL

8. dont want lip

dont want lip New Friend

Feb 14, 2013
    leicester,England
    ive not had the plesure of seeing her live,,, but i have watched you tube films ,,,,,i love the ease she plays with ,such a crafts woman,i love her sound,,,,,,thats pure appreshation for a skilled player,,,,, and wow she is gorgeous,,,, she plays good ,,thats from a more learned jazz man ,,,, credit where its due ,,,shes good ,,,

9. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    And if she ever came to Polson, Montana, some drunk country music fan from the back would shout, "What kind of s%&t is that???" Seriously, when my grand-daughter was deciding which instrument to take up (girls are supposed to play woodwinds, don't you know) I suggested that she listen to Tine Thing. She is now playing trumpet!!!

10. dont want lip

dont want lip New Friend

Feb 14, 2013
    leicester,England
    and what a good choice she made, ,,,,,my sister played trombone when we was kids in a good old british brass band back in the 70s ,,i should get her to start again, most in demand a trombone over here, looks like you have a lot of trumpets she can play on,,,,,,,,